The main objective of the project is to promote sustainable energy planning at local level by sharing a common methodology among Project Partners. This is essential to tackle climate change, as energy use is mainly responsible for it.
SEAP Alps supports the Covenant of Mayors (CoM) initiative.
- 1 Full project title and funding programme
- 2 Subject
- 3 Schedule and project consortium
- 4 Problems to be addressed
- 5 Objectives
- 6 Actions on low-carbon economy, energy efficiency and nZEBs
- 7 Main results
- 8 Outputs developed by the project
- 9 Uncovered expected needs
- 10 Project strengths and weaknesses
- 11 Contact and homepage
- 12 References
Full project title and funding programme
Full title of project: SEAP Alps - Sustainable Energy Action Plans for the Alps
Funding programme: Alpine Space Programme
Sustainable energy planning
Schedule and project consortium
01.10.2012 – 31.05.2015
- Provincia di Torino - Air Quality and Energy Resources Department (Lead partner) (IT)
- Province of Vercelli - Territorial Planning Departement (IT)
- Province of Venice - Environment Department (IT)
- Development agency Sinergija (SI)
- BSC, Business Support Center,L.l.d., Kranj (SI)
- Rhônalpénergie-Environnement (F)
- AGEDEN - Association for sustainable management of Energy] (F)
- Energy and Innovation Center of Weiz (AT)
- City of Klagenfurt – Department of Environmental Protection (AT)
- EZA Energy and Environment Centre Allgäu] (DE)
- Energiewende Oberland Civic Foundation for Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency (DE)
- Climate-Alliance (DE)
Problems to be addressed
- Energy planning at local level
- Mitigation and adaptation
- Capacity building
To promote energy planning at local level by sharing a common methodology among Project Partners. This is essential to address climate change, as energy use is mainly responsible for it.
An ad hoc methodology for drafting Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP) in Alpine Space Area are created, promoted and implemented. An Action Plan for Public Investment methodology (APPI) in the Alpine Space Area is developed and several of these action plans are drafted as pilot actions.
Actions on low-carbon economy, energy efficiency and nZEBs
- Develop tools to help municipalities building their SEAP.
- Train municipalities concerning climate changes stakes.
- Implementation of the action plan for investments at local level.
- Help municipalities to find financial tools for building renovations.
- Development of a methodology for SEAP (Sustainable Energy Action plans)
- Developing local SEAPs and reviewing existing SEAPs.
- Training for trainers and Local Authorities.
- Online training platform.
- Transnational exchange for Project Partners involved in the Covenant of Mayors.
- Stakeholders’ involvement and Public Private Partnership schemes.
- Promoting to other municipalities and other Alpine regions.
- Action Plan for Public Investment (APPI) methodology.
Outputs developed by the project
The following outputs of SEAP Alps are already available:
- Training material SEAP Alps
- SEAP Alps Action Tool
- Action Plan for Public Investment (APPI) SEAP Alps
Uncovered expected needs
It proved to be difficult to study the real,long-term impacts of climate change at local level in a short project period.
Project strengths and weaknesses
- Inclusion of new topics in local energy planning.
- Synergies with the Covenant of Mayors project
Difficulties in evaluating the real impacts ofclimate change at local level
Contact and homepage
Provincia di Torino - Air Quality and Energy Resources Department
Silvio De Nigris
Phone: +39 0118616883