CESBA service packages for municipalities
In Vorarlberg (AUSTRIA) the service package "Nachhaltig:Bauen in der Gemeinde" enables communities to build and redevelop sustainable public buildings. The approach "Sustainable:Building" makes an important contribution to improved living and working conditions.
Module 0 - Impulse conversation in the community
In a non-binding and free discussion, the service packages are introduced:
- Advantages, opportunities and cost of sustainable construction in general,
- Content, opportunities, requirements, cost of the service packages,
- Best practice examples
- Implementation options for the specific project.
Based on the discussion a specific offer for service shall be developed.
Module 1 - Planning: Developing an Ecological Program Together
Representatives of the community, architects, and technical planners together define environmental and energy objectives for the project.
- Preparation and assistance in the architectural competition,
- Support and assistance in the tendering of planning services.
- Definition of targets of KGA criteria together with builders and planners
- Economic feasibility calculation considering life-cycle costs
Module 2 - Planning & Tendering
Architectural designs and technical plans are optimized on sustainability criteria together with the owner and the planners. A material concept will be developed as a basis for the invitations to tender. This concept contains proposals for the construction, materials and building technology. The receiving offers are checked regarding the prior defined objectives.
- Ecological audit and support for tenders regarding the choice of materials,
- Accompaniment of offer openings,
- Support for public procurement, e.g. to provide standardized introduction and forms, support for opening bids and formal examination.
Module 3 - Implementation & Quality Management
The objective is to achieve an assured quality and a well-documented construction progress for best funding. Immediately after placing the order the builders are informed about the ecological requirements. All builders receive a product declaration list. Based on this list, all building materials used at the construction site and chemicals are declared. The actual used materials are counter-checked with the product declaration list on the building site.
- Information of the craftsmen on the specific environmental requirements for the building project
- Enrollment and monitoring ecological site supervision
- Assistance with any contractual problems
- Using the KGA as a quality and implementation tool during construction
Module 4 - Success Control
Building users or external experts on quality assurance will be trained at the construction site on various measurements such as indoor air quality, air tightness, room acoustics, and thermography. In addition, a product check up on the construction takes place. This training includes the quality control during the building usage. The user himself can check if he/she received what was initially ordered. This module can be used as a measurement tool for subsidy and grant programs and procedures.
Module 5 - Service and Maintenance
Objective of this module is to optimize the building in operation, so that there is an agreement of calculated and consumed energy. In addition with sustainable cleaning the building quality should be conserved.
- Detailed recording of energy consumption
- Evaluation and vulnerability assessment
- Implementation of improvement measures
- Optimizing the planning of cleaning view
- Assistance in tendering for building cleaning
- Creating a cleaning and maintenance concept for the maintenance cleaning incl. Criteria for cleaning products and fibers